Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was born in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City, to Lydia Perez and Ismael Serrano who was a merchant marine. Rosie is Puerto Rican. Rosie graduated from Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood in Queens, New York. Later, she enrolled at Los Angeles City College. Rosie Perez was in her second year of college, and just about to move back to New York from Los Angeles. Her friends had invited her to an elopement party. Spike Lee offered her a role in his 1989 film Do the Right Thing (1989). She said yes. This was her first big acting job. Then, she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her part as Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless 1993). (She was defeated by Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). The Latin community was the source of most of my criticism early in my career. They would invite me to lunch and say, "Can I go and learn lessons to lessen my accent?" or "Can you not be funny and loud during a talk-show?" My voice was a constant source of criticism. I tried to improve it. I tried to make a change however it was the way I spoke. Thank Godthat my octaves diminished as I aged. Nowadays, I find it pleasing when a teenager comes up and starts imitating me.Boxing is about conquering your fears. It's about being strong. Floyd Mayweather could be punched or swung clean across his middle and he'd be adamant about it. And I know what he is doing. [Who spoke about Don Cornelius watching her dancing]: Don Cornelius didn't want to see me dance - I was dancing hip hop, which was new to Californians. They were ignorant of hip-hop dancing, and only were aware of locking and popping. Don was as "No you don't. You're a girl." I was like"What? This is so strange. It was truly bizarre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL PICS OF ALISA TARASENKO FEET AND LEGS

BEAUTIFUL PICS OF ALICI JOSIPOVIC FEET AND LEGS

WHY ARE ATHLETES MUCH FITTER THAN OTHER MEN?